Projects Contact Cart
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where are your products made?
- The majority of our products are made at our studio in New York City. We source raw materials and components locally whenever possible, and do our best to use sustainable materials with a low environmental impact. A small portion of our materials are sourced internationally with the same standards in mind.
- Where can I see an item in person?
- We have a small showroom at our studio in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, that displays a rotating product inventory as well as samples of glass, mirror, metal and stone. To schedule a studio visit, please make an appointment here. Many pieces can also be found at select retailers domestically and internationally. Please contact us for specific requests and we'll be happy to direct you to the nearest stockist.
- Are your products made-to-order or do you carry stock?
- Our mirror, furniture and lighting pieces are made-to-order. Lead times for each piece can be found on its product page. We occasionally stock materials for select items, but we typically do not stock finished pieces or custom finishes. We do, however, stock the majority of our accessory products, which ship in just a few days.
- Can mirror, furniture or lighting pieces be customized?
- Since we produce the majority of our products in-house, they can be customized to fit your needs. In general, we're able to modify materials, finishes and sizing. Typically, customization increases pricing by 20–35% depending on the specifications and adds 1–4 weeks to the listed lead time. If you're interested in placing a custom order, please see our material library for more information about finish options and contact us to request a quote.
- How do I place an order for something that I can't add to my cart?
- Some of our mirror, furniture and lighting pieces feature quite a few finish and customization options. Because of this, you won't be able to purchase them directly on our website. Instead, we ask that you request a quote and we'll be happy to discuss all the options with you to make sure your piece is produced exactly the way you'd like.
- I'd like to place an order but the lead time is too long. What can I do?
- If the listed lead time doesn't work for your schedule, please contact us before placing an order to discuss timing. We are happy to accommodate requests when we can, and while it is possible to speed up production on a case-by-case basis, this typically requires a rush fee based on the materials required and the timeframe.
- Do you ship internationally?
- We ship to most countries around the world directly from our studio in New York City. If you live outside the United States and are interested in seeing a product in person before you purchase, please contact us for stockist information. Please see our shipping page for more information about how our products are transported.
- Will I be charged sales tax?
- All orders require the addition of sales tax if the order is to be delivered in the state of New York. Both the product and the shipping charges will be taxed. Sales tax will not be charged for orders that are placed with a valid resale certificate or orders that are shipped to addresses outside the state of New York.
- Do you work with interior designers, decorators and architects?
- Yes, we do offer a trade program. Please contact us with your business information for more details.
- How are mirrors installed?
- Downloadable installation instructions can be found on each product page and step-by-step guides are available for our smaller wall mirrors and larger floor-length mirrors.
All Bower mirrors include mounting hardware. Each mirror is hung with solid aluminum Z-Clips. When your shipment arrives, one of the two clips will already be installed on the back of the mirror. You'll just need to install the second clip onto your wall using the provided screws and a level. Once the clip is secured to the wall, you just slide the mirror down into place. Bower mirrors, especially full-length floor mirrors, must be installed using this system and are not designed to be leaned against a wall.
- Can my mirror be hung in any orientation?
- The majority of our mirrors can be hung in multiple orientations. Since we install the mounting clip to the mirror back before the item is shipped, please let us know immediately when you place your order if you'd like to hang it in an orientation that is different from how the piece is photographed on our website.
- How do I clean and care for my new Bower product?
- We typically include downloadable care instructions on each product page of our site, and we also send a paper copy with every order. If this was not included in your order, or if you'd like to know more before purchasing an item, please let us know and we'll be happy to share best practices with you.
- What are the quality standards used for glass and mirror?
- We do our very best to ensure the highest possible quality glass and mirror are used in our pieces. Not every glass surface is the same, however, and scratches, blemishes, chips and pits do occasionally occur during the manufacturing, handling, transportation and polishing processes. We carefully check each piece of glass before it's used to make sure it's up to our standards. We do not use any glass with imperfections that are visible from 6 feet away or farther. Please note that, because of the nature of the antiquing process, antique mirror textures vary and pieces will likely appear different than those shown on our site.
- Do you offer custom work or design services?
- Occasionally we take on custom work and design projects that are completely unrelated to our mirror, furniture and lighting collections. If you're interested in partnering with us for product design or interior design projects, please contact us for more details.